Sunday, June 3, 2012

turn me into the wind


       "This is why alchemy exists," the boy said. "So that everyone will search for his treasure, find it, and then want to be better than he was in his former life. Lead will play its role until the world has no further need for lead; and then lead will have to turn itself into gold.
       "That's what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too."
       "Well, why did you say that I don't know about love?" the sun asked the boy.
       "Because it's not love to be static like the desert, nor is it love to roam the world like the wind. And it's not love to see everything from a distance, like you do. Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the World. When I first reached through to it, I thought the Soul of the World was perfect. But later, I could see that it was like other aspects of creation, and had its own passions and wars. It is we who nourish the Soul of the World, and the world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that's where the power of love comes in. Because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are."
       "So what do you want of me?" the sun asked.
       "I want you to help me turn myself into the wind," the boy answered.




Excerpt from one of the coolest books I have ever read. I was truly inspired when I read these words. I can't accurately describe the feeling.

It gave me so much...everything. Life. Hope. Energy. Gratitude.
I am always trying to live presently and openly, and I read this about 45 minutes before I headed on stage for Almost, Maine. I was so nervous, but the words transformed me and suddenly I felt so alive and I knew that the words were brought to me at the exact right time.

I couldn't stop smiling. I'm still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment