Friday, July 6, 2012

August 2011

The Labyrinth

Take time to separate from the world and listen to yourself, your inner voice. Let yourself flow and you will discover that you have known the truth all along. A labyrinth is not a maze. A labyrinth has only one path. There is no wrong turn. Follow a journey to your own center. Stay. Breathe. Balance. Let your thoughts flow in and out. Discover that which is within. Going in, to the deepest point possible, and perhaps beyond, is the only way out of a labyrinth. Complete the journey. Continue it constantly, and do not take it for granted. Live within yourself.





I wrote the above words after winding my way through a stone labyrinth at Menucha in Oregon.
It was a beautiful moment.
I refer to these words often.
They remind me to slow down.
They make me feel that nothing is worrisome, because everything is already within me, and that's a truly beautiful thing!
They simply flowed out of me, just like our emotions do if we allow them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment